faso is a voluntary organisation dedicated to supporting
anyone affected by a false allegation of abuse
National Help Line
0844 335 1992
The help line is open for you Monday to Friday, 6pm to 10pm.
We are experiencing difficulties with our previous telephone number. Please accept our apologies and note our new telephone number above.
You can also write to:
or you can email us.
FASO c/o 176 Risca Road, Crosskeys, Newport, NP11 7DH
Please note that due to inflated Post Office costs, we are using a temporary address. Please use this address until we are able to secure a long-term address
"... many innocent people are being wrongly accused of child abuse and whose lives in consequence are being turned upside down without due justification. ...
Children are made to live in constant fear of being parted from their parents. The climate is like that of a witchhunt in which the voice of reason and all sense of proportion is lost."
Earl Howe. House of Lords "Child Abuse" Hansard 17 Oct. 2001 FULL TEXT
It happens like this...
- In the UK today ordinary people like you, with nothing to hide, can be accused of abuse on almost no evidence, and without any proper witnesses to support the story.
- The strain of "child protection" intruding into your family can make you depressed or ill for a long time, or push you into debt, and therefore unable to provide your child with the protection and love you usually give them.
- Your children can be taken away from you - then quickly and irreversibly adopted into another family.
- You can be arrested in your own home in front of your family and in full view of your friends and neighbours, held in a police cell, interviewed under caution, charged and called to appear in court.
- You can be convicted without proof, evidence, witnesses or corroboration and live for years in prison.
- You live for ever after under suspicion by the authorities.
- Any other child you have now or later will be at risk of the same treatment and may be removed from you.
You have done nothing wrong.
But that does not protect you.
I am delighted to let you know that the book Can't Explain is now available for pre-order on Amazon with an official release date of 31st March 2014.
The e-book will also be available by this date and possibly by the end of this week. Your review has been included in full within the book at the end of the story and also a snippet has been included on the Amazon web page.
We are planning to advertise further via various media, e.g. radio, newspapers (local and national), but are obviously not guaranteed of success, but will be doing all we can in terms of promotion.
Once again, thanks for help and support with this publication and let's hope the intended goals of raising general public awareness of Parental Alienation are met, with a view to getting things changed for the better.
We would like to take you up on your kind offer of advertising the book on your web site and the passing of information to other organisations. I see no reason why this can't start now.
Luke Mathews co-author.
faso is a voluntary organisation dedicated to supporting anyone affected by a false allegation of abuse
Associate Member of The Helplines Association (THA) 2002 to 2013 - Registered with Data Protection
Thanks to all those who completed the survey. FASO generated 10% of the total responses to the survey.
The anonymous information provided by respondents has informed the content of the new Helplines Standard,
which defines best practice in 80 criteria relating to helpline activity.